Cyxone AB is a clinical biotech company with a portfolio of immunomodulating drugs for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The company’s drug portfolio consists of molecules that inhibit key processes in the body’s cells that are typically associated with various immune-related disorders.
Cyxone aims to address unmet needs by developing new effective and safe medicines that can improve the quality of life for patients affected by autoimmune diseases.
Cyxone is currently looking for a Head of Development (HoD). He/she will be responsible to lead and coordinate pre-clinical and clinical studies throughout the development life cycle, and to provide research expertise to development projects and regulatory submissions. Regular follow up on activities and keeping track of spending versus budget is also key.
The HoD will plan and manage the pre-clinical and clinical development process in close collaboration with the CEO and the COO. He/She will collaborate with and manage external partners such as:
- Clinical CRO’s
- Tox laboratories and consultants
- CMC experts
- Regulatory consultants
- Manufacturing companies (e.g. API)
The candidate ideally has 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry from all stages of the drug development process, incl. pre-clinical and early clinical phase.
The person needs to possess very high organizational skills with attention to detail, be highly self-motivated and goal oriented. It is important to be able to work independently and take decisions and make clear proposals to the team. The role requires ability to plan and accomplish projects and deliver results. It is also important to be able to work in an international team with solid oral and written communication skills in English and also be able to perform in a partly virtual organisation.
- Pharmacist or Life Science/Biomedicine degree, preferably Master degree. PhD is a merit
- Experienced project leader
- Experience from work with Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid arthritis or other autoimmune diseases is a merit
- Experience with CRO contracts and negotiations
- Experience in supervising CROs is important
- Experience in compiling clinical documents to registration dossiers is a merit
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication. Fluency in Swedish is also desirable.
- Substantial knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and experience of MS Project or other suitable project management software
- Demonstrated track record of working with objectives and achieving them
- Manages time effectively, plans activities and projects well in advance and follows up.
- Be able to take own decisions. Problem solver; finds alternatives. Take initiative.
- Team player with ability to interact and collaborate with peers and other functions on various levels and locations.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable. As the company is still small, the role is broad and the candidate needs to be prepared to ”wear many hats”.
Opportunities with the position
- To work for a small innovative dynamic biotech company at an exciting stage and with projects of great potential.
- Possibility to truly make a difference for the company and for the patients.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development now and in the future.
- Location is flexible. Cyxone is based in Malmö. The rest of the team is spread out internationally. Face to face meetings in Malmö will be required from time to time. Office in Malmö is available for use if desired.
- Travelling both within and outside Sweden will be required (once restrictions permit)
- Start date 1 September 2020, or as agreed
For more information please visit Cyxone.com
For questions or application, please contact:
Telephone: +46 (0)703 96 94 79